As the lock down continues in the UK questions keep arising around what will happen to the way businesses here work when we get back to some resemblance of normality. Can we go back to the way things were? We predict that this lock down will transform the way businesses communicate after the lock down is lifted. Businesses are managing to run successfully whilst employees work remotely, so why go back? Post lock down, we believe that more employees will request more flexibility to work remotely. Businesses will therefore need to prepare their communication systems to support employees who want to work from home some days, in the office on others or even in the coffee shop down the road on the remaining days.
In this article we will take a look at our cloud phone system and examine how it can keep your business running effectively whilst employees work remotely. We’ll take a look at the remote working solutions that are built into our cloud phone system and show you the benefits it can provide to your business.
What is a cloud phone system?
Also known as Internet-based phone system, Internet telephony, or VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), a cloud-based phone service is a phone system that runs through the Internet instead of on traditional telephone lines.
What remote working solutions does our cloud phone system contain?
Our cloud telephony comes packed full of remote working solutions that you cannot get through traditional telephone lines. Let’s take a look at a few of the features below that allow employees to communicate effectively wherever they are.
- Virtual conference rooms – Host secure virtual meetings using conference rooms so employees can collaborate effectively wherever they are. Conference rooms can also be optionally recorded to be played back at a later time for employees who miss or need to refer back to the meeting.
- Plug and Play handsets – Plug and play handsets are perfect for office and home workers. Our handsets can be plugged in and used anywhere without losing business features like hunt groups or call queues.
- Soft phone mobile Apps – Our Soft Phone Mobile App acts like your desk phone in your pocket. It operates using an internet connection meaning you can work virtually anywhere. The app allows you to work professionally by hosting conference calls, sync business contacts, create chat groups and more.
- Hot Desking – Hot Desking is perfect for employees who work in multiple locations or spaces. Employees log into a shared phone that immediately behaves like their own extension. They can make and receive calls, check their messages and more.
- Call Pairing / Forwarding – Forwarding calls from a Landline to a mobile ensures that you can provide an exceptional level of service, whether you’re at home, in the office or on the move.
What other business benefits does a cloud phone system provide?
Our phone solution moves with you so your employees can work professionally from the office, at home or on the go. It also provides many business benefits, let’s take a look at a few of them below.
⦁ Easy Management and Monitoring – Our phone system is set up so you can have a centralised tool that allows you to monitor users on the phone platform. The tool allows you to view users’ active calls, view past calls, silent listen into active calls, record calls and more. The tool also allows you to make simple changes too.
⦁ Flexibility – A cloud phone system allows for increased flexibility. In a smaller business the role of a staff member may vary daily, this may mean that their working location changes too. Some days they may need to be office based and the next day they may need to travel or work remotely. A hosted solution allows you to work professionally wherever you may be. VoIP allows you to link employee home numbers with office numbers and even mobile phones without compromising on features.
⦁ Cost Savings – Put simply, our phone solution is cost effective and can save your business money regardless on the size. This is because the installation and maintenance costs can be kept minimal. A hosted solution also means that you avoid paying costly traditional phone line bills. This is because you place calls over competitively priced internet connectivity instead.
⦁ Quick Installation time and maintenance – Setting up traditional fixed communications demands a lot of time and often comes with high installation costs. They can also come with pricey adjustments and maintenance costs. Our solution however has much lower maintenance costs and installation time. Adding users or adding features can be as simple as pressing a few buttons. Installing this technology couldn’t be simpler or faster.
With many remote working solutions available, we suggest that you contact us for more information or advice. We’re happy to discuss our solutions with you. You can contact us using the email form below or by calling us on 0115 852 6600.