As a Communications Provider and Number Range Holder, hosting in the region of 1 million numbers allocated to us by the industry regulator, OFCOM, we are as keen as the recipient of the call to stop the problem. If you receive a nuisance call you should follow the guidance below:
1. If you feel the calls are of a threatening or harassing nature you should report them to your local police force, by dialling the non-emergency number – 101.
2. If the call is an unsolicited sales, or marketing call:
- Contact the organisation that is calling you and tell them that you no longer wish to receive calls from them. Such organisations should not call you, if you request that you no longer wish to be contacted by them.
- Register with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS). This is a national register that says you no longer wish to receive unsolicited sales and marketing calls. In the event that you are registered with the TPS and you are still receiving calls, you should report the issue to them and they will escalate the breach to the Information Commissioners Office who has the power to fine any organisation in breach of this regulation.
- Additionally, you can make a complaint to the relevant regulatory body. For information on what you should do, please visit Nuisance Calls and Messages provided by OFCOM.
In the event that a nuisance call has been made to you by a number that you believe is hosted on the Hello Telecom network, please contact our Support Team, using the details below.
Tel: 0115 852 6600
We will investigate and deal with the matter promptly, as well as keep you informed of progress.
Hello Telecom insists that all of its customers present a valid CLI for all outbound calls that are made using its services. The CLI must be:
1. A valid telephone number that they can be called back on.
2. In the case of hosted telephony and standard SIP trunk customers, the CLI may be withheld. Please note for any customer that takes dialler services, including a hosted dialler, or a dialler SIP Trunk, the CLI must not be withheld.
VoIP for Business
VoIP for Schools
VoIP for Trusts
Hosted Contact Centre
Become a Partner
08000 11 64 34