Hello Contrex provides access to public emergency call services to all customers within England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
When dialling either 999 or 112, your call is routed from the Hello Telecom network to national emergency operators who will handle your call. The emergency operator will ask for specific information to correctly transfer your call. You will need to state clearly and promptly the nature of your emergency, your location and phone number, and any other requested information. The emergency operator will then route your call to the appropriate emergency agency, such as:
- Fire Brigade
- Mountain Rescue
- Cave Rescue
Update your 999/112 Emergency Response Address
Your Hello VoIP phone service is portable so it is important that you register the location of your device and keep it updated. This information should be visible to the Emergency Services so they can see where assistance is required. Please advise us of all changes to your address information.
Power & Service Outages Can Prevent Access to 999/112 Emergency Services
- 999 / 112 Emergency Services and your Hello Service WILL NOT function during an electrical power or broadband provider outage, or if your Hello account has been suspended or terminated.
- It is highly recommend that you ensure that you have an alternative means of contacting the Emergency Services such as a mobile phone or a traditional, wired phone plugged into the PSTN.
- It should also be remembered that in the case of a power failure, an ordinary DECT or wireless phone will also fail to work.
- 999 / 112 is free and available to all UK customers
- 999 / 112 is available anywhere in the UK
- 999 / 112 requires no activation on your part
- 999 / 112 and Hello Service DO NOT function during a power outage
- Maintain the accuracy of your 999 / 112 Emergency Response Address
VoIP for Business
VoIP for Schools
VoIP for Trusts
Hosted Contact Centre
Become a Partner
08000 11 64 34