Implementing a new technology into your school or academy is a big decision. There are a lot of services on the market claiming that they can transform the performance of your school with their technology. This is true of the educational communication industry as well. There are many educational providers claiming that their service is superior. In this article we will look at different VoIP features that your School or Academy could implement and answer the question, is VoIP the right communication solution for my school or Academy?
What is VoIP?
VoIP is a cloud-based telephony solution which moves your whole phone system online so all your calls are sent over your internet connection. This digital cloud-based phone system offers a wide range of additional features that you can’t get over traditional phone lines.
Choosing your next communication solution for your School or Academy can seem like a daunting task. You have many considerations and compliances to consider. As an experienced provider to the education sector, our VoIP service is feature rich which boosts your school’s safety, efficiency and compliancy. Let’s take a closer look at a few safeguarding features that your School or Academy would benefit from if you choose to implement VoIP.
VoIP Safeguarding Features
- Student support lines – Safeguarding a child’s welfare is paramount. That’s why VoIP allows you to easily set up student support lines. They are used by students to record anonymously cases of bullying, express feelings of mental health and other safeguarding topics.
- Staff emergency broadcasts – It’s critical that staff can contact one another quickly and directly, especially if emergencies or if sensitive incidents occur. Through VoIP you can set up a school wide paging system to broadcast announcements directly to staff members to ensure student safety.
- Call recording -You can optionally record calls and safely store them. This ensures important or sensitive calls can be retained and played back if required.
- Handsets in every classroom – We are able to fit every classroom with a phone to ensure students never need to be left alone in an emergency situation.
These are just a few of the safeguarding features that you would benefit from if you choose to implement VoIP into your School or Academy. Next, let’s take a look at a few efficiency boosting features that VoIP provides.
VoIP Efficiency Boosting Features
- Call from your PC – Our VoIP systems can integrate with your desktop to allow you to dial calls from your computer. This is perfect for reception staff to monitor, direct and control calls quickly and efficiently.
- Auto attendants – With VoIP you can easily set up menu systems that directs callers to the right departments. For example, dial 1 for absence, dial 2 for enquiries.
- Time of day routing – Set up different options for where calls get sent based on the time of day or school holidays.
- Centralised reception – Schools experience a lot of incoming calls usually at the beginning of the day. We can set up a centralised reception so you’ll be able to easily manage and direct the call flow to the relevant departments.
These are just a few of the efficiency enhancing features that your School or Academy would benefit from through VoIP. Let’s take a look at a few extra benefits that VoIP provides.
Extra VoIP Benefits
- Cost savings – With our VoIP service you’ll experience substantial cost savings across your School or Academy. This is because calls are made using an internet connection. This means that there are no substantial initial hardware costs and you avoid paying for costly phone lines.
- Flexible and scalable – Our VoIP service grows with your trust. Installation is simple and quick meaning that you’re able to add extensions as and when you need to.
- Free calls between Trust sites – We understand that you have to make a lot of calls between Trust sites to ensure the smooth running of a Trust. That’s why we don’t charge you for making calls to one another!
- Keep existing nymbers – We understand the importance of keeping your existing numbers which is why we ensure that you can keep you don’t need to adopt new numbers.
- Grade 9 support – We are always on hand for any support or advice that you may need. We have a dedicated support team that’s always available to take your call.
- Simple and quick installation– Installing a VoIP service is simple, as it runs on an existing broadband connection meaning there isn’t the need for costly line installations and set up charges.
- No engineer visits for updates (changes are made virtually)– If you’d like to make changes to a traditional telephone system it will require an engineer to visit your premises. This is costly, slow and carries risk that your phone lines may be down for some time. If you would like to make changes to a VoIP system then they can be made virtually by pressing a few buttons, which saves your school or academy time and money.
If you are considering moving your communications to a VoIP solution or you would like more information on what Hello could offer you then please give us a call on 08000 11 34 64 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.